Network-wide Training Activities
Network-wide training in PEARRL is designed to complement and enhance rather than duplicate local training. Some network-wide training events enable ESRs to benefit from training courses organised by other partners and some will be specifically provided for this network. Most training events are recurring rather than once-off, with many taking place on an ongoing basis to allow flexible participation for ESRs.
- PEARRLS of Wisdom Weeks: The three annual ‘PEARRLs of Wisdom’ Weeks represent a key network-wide training activity. Each week will be devoted to a particular scientific theme and will be run at a different host location.
- Inter-sectorial Secondments: Inter-sectorial secondments will facilitate the exchange of knowledge, enable the ESRs to become communication bridgers between research and regulatory and facilitate their future integration in the job market.
- PEARRL Online Learning Platform: Four specialised post-graduate (PG) training modules will be provided via a PEARRL Online Learning Portal (OLP).
- Research Webinars: Each webinar will consist of two types presentations: One will be on a general science topic where one ESR initiates the discussion on a recent publication and the other one will allow two ESRs to deliver a progress update on their research project.
- PEARRL Specialised Training Courses: Modern graduates require a blend of general and specialised training if they are to successfully exploit their scientific expertise in the Pharma industry or at a regulatory authority. PEARRL will arrange two specialist trainings at two partner sites specifically for the ESRs.
- International Conferences: International exposure will be facilitated through ESR presentations at a minimum of one major international conference.